sunnuntai 15. kesäkuuta 2014

BAKING: Delightful Rhubarb Pie



It's been awhile since I updated the last. The move to a new place was fast and smooth, but getting everything in place and going to work now that we have finally opened, have eaten a chunk of my time I thought I had. But now things have gone a lot smoother and I'm starting to have a daily schedule again, so I decided to bake something. That something being Rhubarb Pie. This recipe is from my Grandma, and I swear on this recipe. It's the best thing ever. You can use the base for any sweet pie. I've done apple pie and red berries pie in the past, but really, anything you can think on a pie works fine.

Now let's get to the fun part. Baking. The recipe after the jump!






Ingredients:

3 eggs
3,5 dl sugar
5,5 dl All purpose flour
3tsp Baking Powder
200g butter
1,5dl Milk
Two rhubarb petioles - sliced.   ( Or as much as you wish to put on yours. ) These can be fresh or frozen.

You can use this converter to change quantities into U.S measurements.

1. Preheat your oven to 200C.

2. Break your eggs and mix with the sugar. I mixed for about 5 minutes. My eggs were room temperature to fasten up the process. Mix until light and fluffy.


3. Mix your dry ingredients.



4. In a sauce pan, mix together milk and butter. Bring to boil, and then remove from the heat.


5. Add the butter and milk mixture in small portions to the egg and sugar mixture and mix out between pours. If all the hot mix is added at once, the eggs might start to cook. Adding them in portions, will temper the eggs and keep them from cooking. After that, mix in the dry ingredients. ( Note: I had to change the bowl here, because mine was too small :D )


6. Once you've mixed everything together well, line a high edged baking pan with baking paper and pour the mixture on it evenly. Put on the rhubarb cubes. If you are using frosted, you can put them on frozen. Or you can put on any kind of berry or apple on it. ( Tip: If using apple, remember to top the finished product with some cinnamon. Yum! )


7. Put it in the oven for about 20 minutes. Keep on eye on it though, every oven is different. I had mine in for about 23 minutes and I turned the pan around around 18 minutes in because mine is baking a little bit uneven.


8. Let it cool down and garnish with some regular sugar or powdered sugar. Then sliced down to squares. And we are finished.






Enjoy!




0 kommenttia:

Lähetä kommentti