tiistai 13. toukokuuta 2014

First post, oh my.

Looking at my keyboard and wondering what to write. What would be interesting enough to get someone's attention and get them to come back? I really don't know. I have nothing really to show yet. But I could tell a little bit about myself and the direction I want this blog to head at. And maybe what you can be expecting from me in the future.

Alright, let's get to know each other. I'm Riikka, but most people here on the internet call me Rii. Don't worry if you can't pronounce it, no one who doesn't speak Finnish can. But I'm okay with it and if we go with Rii, it's much easier. Short and simple.

So as you probably read on the sidebar, I'm 25 years old, and you probably played a detective and noticed that I mentioned Finland earlier, so I'm from Finland. In this small town that has nothing in it really. This town is probably one of the most beautiful towns I've been at and it's not the buildings ( which are pretty ugly ), but the open water and the rustic feeling of an old paper factory town. I love it here. Most times.

I'm studying International Business and majoring in Management ( minoring in Management Accounting, if you wondered ), and I'm about to graduate soon. I still have to write my thesis and then I'm done.

I'm currently working as a waitress/chef/bartender/office person/IT support and everything my bosses need me to in a small Bar & Bistro we are in the process of opening. It's pretty exciting times because we built this from pretty much nowhere. I guess I'm almost a part owner, except I did not invest in this. But I've chosen everything from the name to the wallpaper and the drink list. I'm pretty proud of what we've done, now if only we could open in time. The paperwork you need to put in this is ridiculous and the government really makes everything 100 times more difficult.

So that's pretty much the 'waitress' part of the name. The Geeky part comes from, surprise surprise, being a geek. I love comic books, movies, tv-shows, books. So expect projects including those, as well as baking, Home Decor DIY and crafts.


This has been a pretty much a synopsis of my current life. Why did I decide to start this blog then? My life doesn't sound that interesting right now. Well, yesterday I got approved to move in apartment. I'm currently living with my dad and stepmom. I know, I'm 25, I should be moving out already. I've lived on my own before, but because of school I decided to move back home and the time just kind of stretched and I ended up staying longer than I was suppose to, but now I'm ready to move back on my own and I wanted to document this journey, mostly for myself. I want to learn to cook and decorate my apartment. I want to show my crafts and bakings and also try to lose some weight and start a healthier lifestyle.  By binding myself into something like blogging, I know I can keep in the track and best of all I can go back and see the progress I've made.

So, without further ado. This is the Geeky Waitress.





0 kommenttia:

Lähetä kommentti